A majority businesses complying with set practices and standards need a seamless non-conformance report structure to increase their success and improve project quality overall. Having an online system to store different types and levels of Non-Conformance Reports, you will have real time downloadable records of all reports on your projects.
This creates an easy framework and guideline for your business to follow and resolve real time issues and avoid any potential mishaps. Additionally, using an online system to store reports and conduct your non-conformance reporting, you will be able to significantly improve how your organisation issues, evaluates, and investigates reports.
It's crucial to report any non-conformance within the organization. These non-conformances occur when a particular process, service, or product doesn't follow the organization's standards. Continuous non-conformances can have a negative impact on the organization's reputation, efficiency, effectiveness, and finances. Significantly, end-users ' health, safety, and life are also jeopardized.
View Non Conformance Report Examples and Tools to setup your own Reporting
What is a Non Conformance Report?
A non-conformance report is dedicated to all types of non-conformances that can occur in the workplace. Non-conformance or nonconformity can be described as the failure to meet specific requirements set by your business. Consequently, nonconforming procedures such as not following standard operating procedures and requirements can lead to a nonconforming product.
There are two types of Non-conformances
- Minor Non-conformance
- Major Non-conformance
Which can both be easily managed by an online system.
Minor Non-conformance is considered to include minor mishaps and failures would unlikely lead to major consequences. Minor Non-conformances still need to be documented via an online non-conformance report to prevent regular occurrence.
Major Non-conformance is a serious and consequential situation where an individual fails to meets quality requirements and major business standards such as WHS specifications. Major non-conformance includes mistakes that disrupt production and business processes and systems that can be costly. These major non-conformance situations need vital processes and procedures to be dealt with. This can also be done via an online system.
A non-conformance report (NCR), also known as a non-conformity report, is a workplace-related form that deals with specification deviations for works, products, or services that fall short of the set quality requirements.
The document outlines the issue, how it happened, and how to prevent it from reoccurring as part of the quality control process. An NCR is also utilized to determine a customer resolution and document any preventive actions taken. During the construction phase in a worksite, a non-conformance report might be issued in various circumstances.
The following are some of the most common scenarios in which an NCR is issued:
- A manufacturing flaw causes a medical device's performance quality to deteriorate.
- When the test findings fall short of the required standards
- When the project team discovers flaws in the quality of the work
- A drug's purity is jeopardized when one of its constituents is contaminated.
- Work that doesn't adhere to the acceptable tolerances as outlined in the project's standard requirements When the built design isn't realistic
- When operations are carried out in accordance with non-approved procedures or standards
- When the required tests and inspections are not carried out
- When the building material supplied isn't acceptable as a substitute
- When a process that had been approved was not followed.
- Construction that did not follow the conventional construction drawings
What does a Non Conformance Report include?
A standard non-conformance report is generally 5 step process in most businesses and industries. Here are the steps that you need to consider when setting up your report:
1: Identifying the source and cause of the non-conformance situation.
2: The documentation of the situation such as stating the problem, people or person involved, where it happened etc. Using an online system, a user can easily access an app on their phone or desktop to fill out and send off different reports.
3: Evaluation of the report. Once the report is sent off, the system will notify a selected contact and let them know the report has been sent in real time. The selected contact can access, edit, and add their own comments to the report.
4: Once the report is evaluated, the business can determine if an investigation needs to be conducted.
5: The segregation and dispositions of the nonconforming products.
The following items must be included in a non-conformance report:
- What triggered the completion of the NCR in the first place, or what went wrong?
- Why isn't the job up to standard?
- What can be done to avoid a recurrence of the problem?
- Explanation of the corrective action that has been done or will be taken
- The NCR's key participants and the specifications that are influenced by it
Major non-conformances and minor non-conformances are the primary types of non-conformances. The organization must assess the incidence, detection, and severity of the non-conformance before deciding whether it is minor or major.
A minor non-conformance is one that occurs seldom, is quickly recognized, and has no direct impact on the end-user. Minor non-conformances include things like an unauthorized change to a standard operating procedure, an unsigned document, or the usage of equipment past its calibration date.
A major non-conformance, on the other hand, is one that occurs frequently, is difficult to discover, and has a negative impact on the end-user. Major non-conformances include several unsanctioned changes to an SOP, multiple unsigned papers, or repeated violations.
Managing Non Conformance Reports
Non-conformance reports are critical for quality control within a business. They help businesses document details of any deviations from expectations and standards. A non-conformance report assists defining any problems or issues in a logical, compressed, and direct way so management and WHS officers can take the required steps and process to implement the necessary changes.
There is generally a lot of tedious paperwork associated with a non-conformance report but with an online system your business will be able to have ready-made and customisable reports accessible to employees and contractors to complete and send off. Each report that is issued is sent to a selected contact and can be found in the system organised under a specific register resulting in a real time and practical operation.
Setting up a digital non conformance report registry is a great way to manage non conformance reports, action them, implement corrective actions and address compliance issues.
The primary purpose of a non-conformance report is to handle and resolve compliance-related risks in the workplace. It's an integral part of the quality management system since it ensures all steps are covered in non-conformance management.
It helps staff in generating preventive/corrective actions that are associated with the non-conformance problem. Additionally, non-conformance reports are beneficial in reducing disruptions, decreased regulatory risks, increased enterprise collaboration, improved quality and consistency, and reduced product quality costs.
Some tips to consider:
- Gather Information: Collect as much detail as possible about the non-conformance. This includes the date and time of the occurrence, the process and product involved, the personnel involved, and the severity of the issue.
- Assign Responsibility: Assign a responsible individual to be in charge of the investigation, corrective action, and follow up.
- Investigate the Cause: Determine the root cause of the non-conformance. This could include generating an analysis of the process or product, interviewing personnel involved, and reviewing any documentation.
- Develop a Correction Plan: Create an action plan that outlines the steps necessary to prevent the non-conformance from occurring again.
- Implement the Correction Plan: Execute the corrective action plan to remedy the issue.
- Monitor Progress: Monitor progress of the corrective action plan and document any changes made.
- Evaluate Results: Evaluate the effectiveness of the corrective action plan.
- Communicate Results: Communicate the results of the non-conformance report to all personnel involved and document any corrective action taken.
Try our online Non Conformance Report management registry
THE FUTURE OF INCIDENT REPORTING SOFTWARE
Hit the ground running with all our Incident Report form templates and registries or create / load up your own
Mobile Incident Reports so that staff can access and report from the field / while on site from their phone or tablet
Best Non Conformance Report Examples
Using our form and registry builder, you can create any type of report form and generate a matching registry. Enable your staff to record incidents in the field and from their phones or tablets replacing traditional paper based or draconian style processes.
Get Started for Free
Get Started Free
Create your first Incident Report form or choose from our form templates and start recording incidents in the field